Why Explore Belize International Companies?
We’re glad you asked! The short answer:
Belize is ideal for opening an international company, LLC, and private bank account because Belize has developed into one of the most dynamic and trusted international financial centers in the world.
This page explains the many reasons why. But first …
A Brief History
Beginning in 1990, Belize launched our International Financial Services (IFS) sector. The key to the initial effort was the International Business Companies (IBC) Act, which allows the incorporation and registration of tax-free companies and exchange control-free companies aimed specifically for international investors and international trading. It was a message loud and clear to people overseas: bring your money to Belize! (Click here for an overview of Belize.)
The Trusts Act of 1992 continued the message by providing for the establishment of both Belize onshore trusts and Belize international trusts. To supplement the IBC Act and the Trusts Act, Belize passed the Offshore Banking Act and Money Laundering Prevention Act in 1996, which is now called the Money Laundering and Terrorism (Prevention) Act.
During the first decade, thousands upon thousands of overseas individuals and companies took advantage of this legally protected environment, establishing Belize as one of the best tax havens in the world. More than 15,000 Belize international business companies were created during those first ten years, and more legislation beneficial to offshore money has been passed in the years since, such as the International Limited Liability Companies Act of 2011, which instantly made Belize limited liability companies some of the most attractive in the world.
All this legislation adds up to tremendous tax benefits for companies and individual investors in Belize. For a full list of offshore entities that can now be formed in Belize, click here. Or click here to learn more about private banking.
Advantages of the Belize offshore sector:
- No income tax
- No tax on dividends
- No capital gains tax
- No inheritance or estate tax
- No interest
- No royalties
- No compensations or other amounts paid by a company
- No succession or gift task in relation to any debt obligations, shares or other securities
- Excellent infrastructure
- Highly developed banking sector
- Advanced telecommunication facilities
- Accessible location (and convenient time zone)
- Political stability with peaceful, democratic history
- Free zones providing facilities for manufacturing and other business activities
- Belize international corporations and international companies are not required to file tax returns or any other type of report to the government regarding sources of income
- Information about beneficial owners, shareholders, directors, and officers of Belize limited liability companies, Belize international companies, and Belize international banking is not filed with the government of Belize and not available to the public
- Strict secrecy law, which prohibits the disclosure of banking and financial information